TACOMA, Wash. - A 7-year-old boy was critically injured while trick-or-treating after he was hit by an SUV in Tacoma.
KOMO-TV reports that the boy was out with his father at about 7:20 p.m. Monday, Halloween night, near North 9th Street.
Police say the boy was holding his father's hand and crossing the street, when the SUV driver hit him.
Witnesses said the driver tried to get away, but they helped detain him until police arrived.
The boy was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The driver was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence and vehicular assault.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car