TACOMA, Wash. - A 7-year-old boy was critically injured while trick-or-treating after he was hit by an SUV in Tacoma.
KOMO-TV reports that the boy was out with his father at about 7:20 p.m. Monday, Halloween night, near North 9th Street.
Police say the boy was holding his father's hand and crossing the street, when the SUV driver hit him.
Witnesses said the driver tried to get away, but they helped detain him until police arrived.
The boy was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The driver was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence and vehicular assault.
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- Thousands turn out for Women's March on Spokane