TACOMA, Wash. - A 30-year-old Tacoma man who killed his father with a hatchet two years ago will likely spend the rest of his life at Western State Hospital.
A Pierce County judge accepted a plea of not guilty by reason of insanity on Monday from Jonathan Robert Meline. He was charged with murder in the October 2012 slaying of his father Robert.
KOMO reports Jonathan Meline had been diagnosed with mental illness and believed that his father was part of a conspiracy to steal and kill children.
His family had wanted him held at an institution but he was released from Western State early in 2012 after he was found incompetent for trial in a robbery case.
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties