TACOMA, Wash. - A Tacoma man charged with embezzling $2.3 million from his freight company employer has been sentenced to nearly four years in federal prison.
The News Tribune reports that 37-year-old Toni Andersson was sentenced Monday after being convicted of wire fraud in U.S. District Court in Seattle.
The Department of Justice says Andersson stole the money from July 2010 through February of this year while he worked as the company's accounting coordinator.
He's accused of making fake transactions with vendors and writing company checks to himself.
The department says Andersson used the money for a new home, boat and car, among other personal expenses.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position