TACOMA, Wash. - A Tacoma man charged with embezzling $2.3 million from his freight company employer has been sentenced to nearly four years in federal prison.
The News Tribune reports that 37-year-old Toni Andersson was sentenced Monday after being convicted of wire fraud in U.S. District Court in Seattle.
The Department of Justice says Andersson stole the money from July 2010 through February of this year while he worked as the company's accounting coordinator.
He's accused of making fake transactions with vendors and writing company checks to himself.
The department says Andersson used the money for a new home, boat and car, among other personal expenses.
- Police arrest convicted felon with citizen's help
- End is in sight for Airway Heights water crisis
- Daughter of Spokane officer charged in kidnapping
- Bicyclist suffers life-threatening injuries after being hit by car
- 3 people shot and wounded in Spokane last weekend
- Arrest of man on mental health hold turns violent