TACOMA, Wash. - A Tacoma man has been accused of critically injuring a trick-or-treater by hitting the boy with his SUV.
The News Tribune reports that 38-year-old Kasey Gunnarson was arraigned Tuesday in Pierce County Superior Court and charged with vehicular assault. His bail has been set at $20,000.
Police say the boy was holding his father's hand and crossing the street when Gunnarson hit him Monday night. Gunnarson told officers he had smoked marijuana and drank alcohol before driving.
Deputy Prosecutor Tim Jones says Gunnarson was cooperative and remorseful at the scene.
The boy suffered a fractured skull, missing teeth, cuts and abrasions and is listed as in critical condition as of Tuesday.
- Idaho prepares for slick roads with new de-icer
- Neighbors file lawsuit against Rocket Market
- Police searching for a man who exposed himself at Logan elementary
- City of Spokane readdressing east Spokane garbage routes
- Shadle Park HS student arrested for off-campus altercation
- Gonzaga falls from top spot in AP poll, Kansas moves to No. 1