STAR, Idaho - Authorities in southwest Idaho say an 18-year-old Emmett man reported falling asleep before slamming head-on into a law enforcement vehicle.
Authorities say Holden Falk was driving eastbound on State Street in the city of Star at about 9 p.m. Wednesday when his Ford sport-utility vehicle drifted into oncoming traffic and struck an Ada County Sheriff's Office vehicle.
Sgt. Mike Fratusco sustained minor injuries and was treated and released at an area hospital.
Police say Falk wasn't wearing a seatbelt and sustained more serious injuries but is expected to be OK.
Police say Fratusco didn't have his emergency lights or siren on and attempted to avoid the crash.
Both vehicles were totaled.
Idaho State Police are investigating.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home