PAYETTE, Idaho - Authorities in southwestern Idaho have placed two schools on lockdown and are searching for an inmate who escaped from the Payette County Jail on Tuesday morning.
The Payette Police Department says 27-year-old Nicholas Grove escaped at about 8:30 a.m. by climbing a fence topped with razor wire.
The 5-foot-11, 150-pound Grove was last seen wearing a white T-shirt and black boxers.
Police say Payette Primary School and Westside School have been locked down as a precaution.
KTVB-TV reports that Grove was arrested for unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon, carrying a concealed weapon without a permit, and possession of burglary tools.
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital