SEATTLE - Authorities say a fast-moving SUV jumped a curb and crashed into a south Seattle hair salon and adjoining restaurant, injuring seven people and cracking the building.
Seattle Fire Department spokesman Kyle Moore says several spot fires started under the SUV but bystanders including an off-duty firefighter were able to put them out quickly Thursday afternoon.
None of the injuries was believed to be life-threatening.
The Fire Department says six people were transported to Harborview Medical Center, including three who were pinned by the SUV. The fire department also says the building has been compromised and crews brought in hydraulic bracing to support the structure.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash.
- Crash at Washington and Mission
- Idaho tax bill advances despite gay marriage objections
- Bill in Legislature raises I-90 speed limit to 75 in places
- Spokane Police investigate suspicious death
- Spokane Police investigate 2 early morning shootings
- Moses Lake dad accused of slitting son's throat, killing him