Hamilton, MT - Police and the Ravalli County sheriff's department are investigating a suspicious death at a Hamilton residence.
Police Chief Ryan Oster tells the Ravalli Republic that officers responded to a report of a physical disturbance at 11:20 p.m. Tuesday. Emergency medical responders determined a 25-year-old man was dead.
On Wednesday morning, two people who were at the house were taken into custody. They were still being interviewed on Wednesday afternoon. No charges had been filed.
Oster declined to identify the victim until family members could be notified. The man's body was taken to the state crime lab in Missoula for an autopsy, after which Oster said he would release the cause of death.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting