VANCOUVER, Wash. - The Clark County medical examiner's office says a man who was killed in Vancouver because he was suspected of car prowling was shot in the chest.
The office said Thursday the death of 19-year-old Iosif Dumitrash of Portland was a homicide.
He was killed early Tuesday by a resident who thought he was a car prowler. Sean Doucette was holding him at gunpoint and waiting for police when shots were fired.
Doucette's lawyer says he was attacked and fired in self-defense.
Prosecutors say Dumitrash was trying to walk away. They're charging Doucette with second-degree murder.
Family members told The Oregonian Dumitrash was in the wrong place at the wrong time. About 200 people gathered at the Portland Church of God Wednesday night for a memorial service.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River