LEWISTON, Idaho - An armed robber has been hospitalized after he attempted to rob a bank in Lewiston and ended up getting shot by officers after he pointed a gun at them.
The incident happened at 9:48 Thursday morning at the US Bank branch located at 835 Main Street in Lewiston. The suspect, who has not been identified, robbed the branch and left. Officers responded to the scene, got a description of the robber, and spotted him a short time later in the 600 block of the Levee Bypass.
The suspect, when approached by officers, pointed a gun at them and was shot. He was taken to St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center where he was undergoing surgery as of 1 p.m. His condition is not known.
No one else was injured.
Two Lewiston Police officers and a Nez Perce County deputy sheriff were involved in the shooting, which is now being investigated by the Idaho State Police.
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car
- Spokane has high interest in World Naked Gardening Day