PASCO, Wash. - Police are still trying to sort out what led to a fatal shooting Monday outside an apartment in Connell.
The suspected shooter, 18-year-old Fernando Gonzalez, was ordered held Tuesday for investigation of murder in the death of the 32-year-old victim, John Bounhomsvanh of Pasco.
The Tri-City Herald reports Gonzales told police he interrupted a burglary by three men rushing the apartment.
The two men who were with the victim were held for investigation of burglary. Police Chief Chris Turner says the two are gang members, but he doesn't know if the shooting was gang-related. He says the shooting may have taken place during an argument.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting