PASCO, Wash. - Police are still trying to sort out what led to a fatal shooting Monday outside an apartment in Connell.
The suspected shooter, 18-year-old Fernando Gonzalez, was ordered held Tuesday for investigation of murder in the death of the 32-year-old victim, John Bounhomsvanh of Pasco.
The Tri-City Herald reports Gonzales told police he interrupted a burglary by three men rushing the apartment.
The two men who were with the victim were held for investigation of burglary. Police Chief Chris Turner says the two are gang members, but he doesn't know if the shooting was gang-related. He says the shooting may have taken place during an argument.
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march
- Otter orders cybersecurity improvements for Idaho