SEATTLE, Wash. - A suspect in the fatal shooting of two men early Sunday in Seattle surrendered later at the Public Safety Building.
The 26-year-old man, Matalepuna Malu, was recognized outside the building by Assistant Chief Nick Metz and arrested.
Malu is jailed for investigation of homicide in the shooting deaths of two men in their 20s about 2:30 a.m. in the Leschi neighborhood.
Seattle Mayor Ed Murray and Interim Police Chief Harry Bailey went to the neighborhood to tell residents about the arrest and calm fears about shootings in the area. Another person was killed in April about a block away.
Police say they're investigating whether the shootings are connected or gang-related.
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured