PRESTON, Idaho - Police in Preston have arrested a suspect in the fatal shooting of a man at a local residence over the weekend.
The (Logan) Herald Journal reports that 41-year-old James Pilgrim was booked into the Franklin County Jail on Saturday for suspicion of homicide and aggravated assault.
Preston Police Chief Ken Geddes says the shooting occurred about 2 a.m. Saturday at a home on West 800 North.
One man died from multiple gunshot wounds. The suspect also apparently was wounded and was transported in police custody to the Franklin County Medical Center.
Geddes confirms the death is being investigated as a homicide. He says there are no other suspects at large, but has released few other details.
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital