HAILEY, Idaho - The Federal Aviation Administration is awarding a small central Idaho airport an $18 million grant for construction work on safety improvements.
The Idaho Mountain Express reports the Friedman Memorial Airport was awarded the money earlier this week as part of a series of federal grants expected to cover most of the cost of a $34 million construction project.
The work, intended to bring the airport near Sun Valley up to federal safety standards, includes moving one taxiway further from the runway and expanding and relocating a terminal. The project is expected to be complete by July 2015.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods