HAILEY, Idaho - The Federal Aviation Administration is awarding a small central Idaho airport an $18 million grant for construction work on safety improvements.
The Idaho Mountain Express reports the Friedman Memorial Airport was awarded the money earlier this week as part of a series of federal grants expected to cover most of the cost of a $34 million construction project.
The work, intended to bring the airport near Sun Valley up to federal safety standards, includes moving one taxiway further from the runway and expanding and relocating a terminal. The project is expected to be complete by July 2015.
- 4 Things To Know For April 26
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up