Portland, OR - A former Portland State University student who worked as a bondage model is suing the university for more than $1 million, alleging that an assistant professor's intense interest in her sex work derailed her academic career.
In the federal lawsuit, Whitney "Theda" Orlando says Marcia Klotz used her influence over Orlando's college opportunities to coerce her to provide sex-related material.
The Oregonian reports Klotz taught a class on "The Erotics of Power" and wrote a paper titled "It's Not Really Porn."
Klotz exchanged more than 200 emails with Orlando from 2009 to 2012, including bondage photos.
Lawyers for Portland State University say Orlando never complained before she filed suit.
Klotz left PSU last year for another job. Orlando left in the spring of 2013 without earning a degree.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home