Portland, OR - A former Portland State University student who worked as a bondage model is suing the university for more than $1 million, alleging that an assistant professor's intense interest in her sex work derailed her academic career.
In the federal lawsuit, Whitney "Theda" Orlando says Marcia Klotz used her influence over Orlando's college opportunities to coerce her to provide sex-related material.
The Oregonian reports Klotz taught a class on "The Erotics of Power" and wrote a paper titled "It's Not Really Porn."
Klotz exchanged more than 200 emails with Orlando from 2009 to 2012, including bondage photos.
Lawyers for Portland State University say Orlando never complained before she filed suit.
Klotz left PSU last year for another job. Orlando left in the spring of 2013 without earning a degree.
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting