CLALLAM BAY, Wash. - Clallam County sheriff's deputies responding to a report of a robbery at a Clallam Bay convenience store found the suspect on the sidewalk, bound with duct tape around his ankles and wrists.
The sheriff's office says the clerk at the Weel Road Deli, Cipriano Ojeda, confronted the man Wednesday night as he tried to walk out with a six pack of beer and three bottles of malt liquor in his backpack.
The sheriff's office says the suspect pulled a knife and the clerk was cut on the forehead before the suspect was subdued. Employees from neighboring businesses helped wrap him up in duct tape.
The suspect, a 28-year-old Kingston man, is jailed for investigation of theft, robbery and assault.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River