BREMERTON, Wash. - A man whose car was stolen was amazed to find it 12 days later parked in his regular spot at the Bremerton restaurant where he works, three miles from where it vanished.
David Nicholson says it was a "one-in-a-million" chance that the thief parked in his spot.
The Kitsap Sun reports that the Port Orchard man had climbed into his Honda Prelude before he remembered the car had been stolen last month and called 911.
Kitsap County sheriff's spokesman Scott Wilson deputies arrested a man suspected of taking the car.
Nicholson says the car had its ignition punched and other damage but he's got it back.
- 4 Things To Know For April 26
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up