MOUNT RAINIER NATIONAL PARK, Wash. - Ground teams and helicopter crews have spent another day searching for a 64-year-old man who vanished during a hike at Mount Rainier.
A search spokesman says a ground and air search is expected to resume Wednesday.
Edwin Birch, of Tacoma, was last seen by his son Saturday as they were hiking on the 93-mile Wonderland Trail, which loops the mountain. The two were doing a 19-mile day hike between Box Canyon and White River, starting from opposite ends.
The son saw his father at the midpoint, but when the son got back to their vehicle and went to pick up his father late Saturday night, he couldn't find him.
A Mount Rainier National Park spokeswoman says about two dozen people searched on Monday and the search resumed Tuesday.
Several search dog teams are involved as well.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults