LONGVIEW, Wash. - The Washington State Patrol says a patrol car that blocked a northbound lane of Interstate 5 as troopers worked to stop a wrong-way driver was struck and totaled by another driver. The patrol says no one was hurt and the other driver was not cited.
The Daily News of Longview reports that troopers set out to stop a driver who was heading southbound in the Longview area on the freeway's northbound shoulder. Trooper William Finn says that driver was stopped about 1 a.m. Thursday after he traveled about four miles down the freeway.
Troopers arrested 71-year-old Charles Sixberry of Woodland for investigation of reckless driving and driving with a suspended license. He was released on $2,000 bail.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line