Portland, OR - Anti-virus software entrepreneur John McAfee is facing a civil stalking complaint in Oregon.
The 68-year-old British native arrived in Portland last winter after fleeing the Central American nation of Belize. Authorities there sought to question him in the killing of an American expatriate. McAfee has denied any involvement.
McAfee moved into an apartment is southeast Portland, Ore. The complaint against him was filed by Connor Hyde, a property manager with the Riverstone Residential Group.
Hyde no longer works at the apartment building, and the company declined to provide details about what spurred the legal action.
McAfee says in a phone interview that he moved to Montreal two months ago and never threatened Hyde with anything except lawsuits.
A judge granted a temporary protective order against McAfee and scheduled a Jan. 3 hearing.
- Zag fans face cold to catch final MBB home game
- Solid waste collectors and police collaborate to fight crime
- Spokane's beloved K9 Laslo retires
- City of Spokane tries new techniques to tackle potholes
- Waterless week for nearly 300 patrons in CDA
- Civic Theatre actor sentenced to prison for child molestation