DUVALL, Wash. - King County authorities say one man died and a teen was seriously injured when a small plane crashed into a house near Woodinville.
Sheriff's office spokeswoman Cindi West says a man was declared dead at the scene and the other was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center. Both men were traveling in the plane.
KXLY has learned that the second person taken to the hospital is the nephew of the pilot. That teen passenger is from Spokane and was in serious condition Sunday at Harborview Medical Center.
West says no one on the ground was hurt. West says it's not immediately known where the plane took off and where it was going.
A picture tweeted by the King County Sheriff's office shows a small plane on its side and partially inside a garage.
According to the Federal Aviation Administration registry, the fixed-wing single engine plane is registered in Redmond and it seats four people.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River