TWIN FALLS, Idaho - Five southern Idaho residents have been scolded by a judge after failing to show for jury duty.
The Times-News reports 5th District Judge Randy Stoker ordered the Twin Falls County residents to appear before him last week after they failed to report to jury duty.
Stoker warned the five that they could be held in contempt of court for the failure to show, and that forgetting is no excuse.
Stoker said he wouldn't punish the group because he didn't want to bog down the courts, but they could have faced a $5,000 fine and five days in jail. The judge says he wants the public to know that jury duty is a serious matter.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position