IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - A southeast Idaho man accused of punching and choking his girlfriend has been charged with felony attempted strangulation and felony domestic battery with traumatic injury.
Idaho Falls police say that on Saturday 45-year-old Michael Shane Sparks punched his girlfriend in the face, pushed her onto a couch and put his hands around her throat.
Police spokeswoman Joelyn Hansen says officers who responded Saturday advised the woman to seek medical attention but she refused.
Sparks on Tuesday was being held in the Bonneville County Jail on $35,000 bond.
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools