TACOMA, Wash. - A Joint Base Lewis-McChord spokesman says a soldier died in a vehicle accident Wednesday night on the base near Tacoma.
The News Tribune reports that Public Affairs Officer Johnpaul Arnold confirmed the fatality in a statement but said the base was not immediately releasing any details on the circumstances of the crash.
Arnold says the soldier will not be identified pending notification of relatives.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting