TACOMA, Wash. - A Joint Base Lewis-McChord spokesman says a soldier died in a vehicle accident Wednesday night on the base near Tacoma.
The News Tribune reports that Public Affairs Officer Johnpaul Arnold confirmed the fatality in a statement but said the base was not immediately releasing any details on the circumstances of the crash.
Arnold says the soldier will not be identified pending notification of relatives.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march