SNOQUALMIE PASS, Wash. - The King County Sheriff's Office says a backcountry skier has been injured in an avalanche near Snoqualmie Pass.
Initial reports suggested the skier may have suffered two broken legs. Search and rescue crews arrived at the skier's location Sunday afternoon. Authorities told KOMO-TV that the rescue effort could take all night.
The sheriff's office says weather conditions have made a helicopter rescue impossible.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods