SNOQUALMIE PASS, Wash. - The King County Sheriff's Office says a backcountry skier has been injured in an avalanche near Snoqualmie Pass.
Initial reports suggested the skier may have suffered two broken legs. Search and rescue crews arrived at the skier's location Sunday afternoon. Authorities told KOMO-TV that the rescue effort could take all night.
The sheriff's office says weather conditions have made a helicopter rescue impossible.
- What's considered low-income in Spokane?
- Former WSU student sentenced to 12 years for drugs
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane