IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - Authorities say a 23-year-old man died while in custody after jumping over a railing and falling 13 feet at the Blaine County Jail in central Idaho.
Blaine County Sheriff Gene Ramsey tells the Post Register that Mitchel Wayne Christensen of Buhl died Saturday morning in a Boise hospital.
Police arrested Christensen on Thursday after he didn't appear for a June 9 court date.
Ramsey says that on Friday, Christensen jumped from the jail's mezzanine level and was transported to a Ketchum hospital and then flown to Boise.
Christensen in March faced charges of felony grand theft and a misdemeanor count of providing false information to police following a December robbery at a Ketchum convenience store.
He was released on bond in January and then granted a furlough in May.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car