Portland, OR - The father of an Arizona teenager whose body has been found near his abandoned SUV in southern Oregon says his son was "a young man who had a broken heart."
In a telephone interview Monday night, David Croom said his 18-year-old son Johnathan was grieving the end of a recent relationship and "headed out to try to find himself."
The elder Croom thanked everyone who helped search for his son and added, "Please pray for our family."
Douglas County sheriff's spokesman Dwes Hutson said in a statement that the Apache Junction, Ariz., teen's body was found Monday evening about 1,000 feet from where his vehicle was found abandoned last week in a wooded area.
Hutson says the death is being investigated as a suicide but he provided no additional information.
- Mumps case confirmed in northern Idaho
- Washington teacher on leave over offensive Facebook post
- Sgt. Moore awarded Medal of Honor
- 17-year-old accused of stabbing, killing twin brother
- County methadone program widens amid rise in heroin deaths
- Yakima home invasion ends with homeowner shooting suspects