SHELTON, Wash. - The Mason County sheriff's office says a 14-year-old boy has been fatally shot on the Skokomish Indian reservation in Western Washington.
KOMO-TV reports that sheriff's officers say the boy was inside a home Tuesday evening when he was shot in the chest with a rifle. Another boy reportedly was also inside the house but deputies have not said whether he was involved.
Medics called for an airlift but deputies say the boy died before a helicopter arrived.
The sheriff's office and Skokomish police are investigating.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'