SALEM, Ore. - A memorial service is planned for Friday afternoon for the Salem dentist who died climbing Mount Hood.
The Statesman Journal reports the service for Kinley Adams on Friday afternoon will include a chance for friends to share their memories of the experienced climber who was on a solo ascent of the mountain in June, but never returned.
His body was recovered on Sunday night.
The Oregon state medical examiner's office says the 59-year-old suffered multiple injuries in a fall.
Adams was on Mount Hood in preparation for a climb in Nepal.
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some