Oregon City, OR - A memorial service will be held Thursday in Portland for Oregon City reserve Officer Robert Libke.
He was fatally shot Sunday while responding to a disturbance at a home that was set on fire. The 88-year-old gunman then took his own life.
Libke's life will be celebrated at 1 p.m. Thursday at Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Portland.
Gov. John Kitzhaber has ordered that flags at all public institutions in Oregon be flown at half-staff Thursday in honor of Officer Libke.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults