GRESHAM, Ore. - A public service is planned Monday for Jared Padgett, the Oregon teen who shot and killed a high school classmate before killing himself.
Family spokesman Deon Strommer tells The Oregonian that the funeral will start at 2:30 p.m. at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Gresham.
A church spokeswoman confirmed to the newspaper that Strommer was acting on behalf of Padgett's family.
Police say freshman Padgett shot 14-year-old Emilio Hoffman at Reynolds High School in Troutdale Tuesday before killing himself.
Padgett's parents have apologized to Hoffman's family, the teacher who was grazed by a bullet and the community.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home