POCATELLO, Idaho - A service dog whose owner succumbed to epilepsy has taken part in graduation ceremonies to accept a posthumous degree awarded by Idaho State University in eastern Idaho.
KIFI-TV reports that a pit bull named Cletus on Saturday took part in commencement as the school awarded Joshua Kelly a bachelor's degree in geology.
Kelly's father, Terrell Kelly, led Cletus during the graduation ceremony where nearly 2,500 students received degrees.
Joshua Kelly was taking his final two classes when died Feb. 13 at age 38.
School officials say Joshua Kelly and Cletus attended classes together for years as Kelly pursued his degree.
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- Whitworth students caught in DC protest
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car