POCATELLO, Idaho - A service dog whose owner succumbed to epilepsy has taken part in graduation ceremonies to accept a posthumous degree awarded by Idaho State University in eastern Idaho.
KIFI-TV reports that a pit bull named Cletus on Saturday took part in commencement as the school awarded Joshua Kelly a bachelor's degree in geology.
Kelly's father, Terrell Kelly, led Cletus during the graduation ceremony where nearly 2,500 students received degrees.
Joshua Kelly was taking his final two classes when died Feb. 13 at age 38.
School officials say Joshua Kelly and Cletus attended classes together for years as Kelly pursued his degree.
- I-90 closed at Vantage Bridge due to crash
- What's considered low-income in Spokane?
- Former WSU student sentenced to 12 years for drugs
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump