EVERETT, Wash. - A Snohomish County sheriff's spokeswoman says a Snohomish drug and gang task force has seized 23 pounds of heroin valued at more than $1 million, as well as more than $550,000 in cash.
Spokeswoman Shari Ireton said Thursday the drugs seized when search warrants were served recently in Lynnwood and Shoreline are believed to be associated with the Mexican Sinaloa drug cartel.
Five men and three women were arrested.
In addition to the drugs and cash, the task force seized a house and six vehicles.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home