EVERETT, Wash. - A Snohomish County sheriff's spokeswoman says a Snohomish drug and gang task force has seized 23 pounds of heroin valued at more than $1 million, as well as more than $550,000 in cash.
Spokeswoman Shari Ireton said Thursday the drugs seized when search warrants were served recently in Lynnwood and Shoreline are believed to be associated with the Mexican Sinaloa drug cartel.
Five men and three women were arrested.
In addition to the drugs and cash, the task force seized a house and six vehicles.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position