TWIN FALLS, Idaho - Jerome County commissioners in south-central Idaho have approved a permit for a rocket-powered jump of the Snake River Canyon the weekend before another daredevil's attempt.
The Times-News reports that commissioners approved the plan for Scott Record and Scott Traux to launch the rocket Sept. 1 from private land in Jerome County to private land in Twin Falls County.
That's a week ahead of the planned attempt by Texas motorcycle stuntman Big Ed Beckley.
The commission's approval is causing friction with the Twin Falls City Council, who have been working with Beckley.
Councilman Greg Lanting says the county plan sounds like the junior varsity, while "ours feels like the varsity."
Evel Knievel made an unsuccessful jump across the Snake River Canyon in 1974.
- EWU holding press conference regarding Baldwin
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Death penalty repeal bill introduced in Washington state
- "Liar" chanted at McMorris Rodgers during MLK Day speech.
- Shea accuses KXLY of "fake news," points to story KXLY didn't run
- House fire kills 1 in Peck, Idaho