SEATTLE - Seattle University plans a service next week for a former educator who disappeared while mushroom hunting near Lake Wenatchee and is feared dead.
Searchers were unable to find Hildegard Hendrickson who was last seen June 8, heading out alone.
The 79-year-old taught at Seattle University from 1967 to 1996 and headed its department of economics and finance. She also was a mushroom expert with the Puget Sound Mycological Society.
The Seattle Times reports a mass will be held for Hendrickson July 22 at the Seattle University chapel.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting