SEATTLE - Seattle University plans a service next week for a former educator who disappeared while mushroom hunting near Lake Wenatchee and is feared dead.
Searchers were unable to find Hildegard Hendrickson who was last seen June 8, heading out alone.
The 79-year-old taught at Seattle University from 1967 to 1996 and headed its department of economics and finance. She also was a mushroom expert with the Puget Sound Mycological Society.
The Seattle Times reports a mass will be held for Hendrickson July 22 at the Seattle University chapel.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position