PHILADELPHIA - The executive editor of The Seattle Times is coming to Temple University to lead its School of Media and Communication.
The Philadelphia school announced Thursday that David Boardman will begin work there in September.
Boardman calls the job "one of the best in media and communication education" and says he shares its values of "public service, social justice and the essential role of communication in our democracy."
He's taking over from Thomas Jacobson, who's been interim dean since 2009.
Boardman's been at the newspaper since 1983. He's a graduate of Northwestern University's journalism school.
The Temple program has more than 3,000 students and departments in advertising, journalism, media studies and production and strategic communications.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line