SEATTLE - Seattle writer Bob Nelson known from the TV show "Almost Live" has been nominated for an Oscar for his screenplay for "Nebraska."
Nelson lives on Whidbey Island but is in Los Angeles Thursday for the Oscar nominations.
He told KOMO Radio he wrote the screenplay hoping to see it made into a small movie and never expected this much success. It also was nominated for a Golden Globes award.
Nelson told The Seattle Times, "It's pretty exciting, for a boy from Kent."
Nelson wrote and performed for "Almost Live," a sketch comedy show that was produced at KING in Seattle in the 1980s and 1990s.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home