SEATTLE - Seattle police say an officer shot and killed a man who fired a shot at officers and threatened a woman with a rifle on Friday.
Police say that officers responded to a call of shots fired at an apartment complex in the Capitol Hill neighborhood. When they arrived, they found a woman who said a man had threatened her with a rifle.
Police spokeswoman Renee Witt says officers spotted the man in a second-story window armed with a gun and ordered him to drop the weapon. The man then threatened officers and fire a single shot. An officer shot back, hitting the man.
A SWAT team then entered the building and found the man fatally wounded.
No other details were immediately available Friday morning.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home