SEATTLE - A statement from Seattle Mayor Ed Murray on Thursday mourned the death of Jim Diers, a former director of Seattle's Department of Neighborhoods.
A few minutes later, a second statement from City Hall said Diers is alive and well.
The seattlepi.com reports the mayor had confused Diers with Joe Dear, a former chief of staff to Gov. Gary Locke and director of the Washington State Investment Board. Dear died of cancer this week at the age of 62.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives