BELLINGHAM, Wash. - The man who was killed in a fall Thursday on Twin Sisters Mountain, near Mount Baker, died of head and chest trauma.
He was identified Monday by the Whatcom County medical examiner as 60-year-old James Patrick Millegan of Seattle.
The Bellingham Herald reports a helicopter was able to reach the site Sunday to recover the body.
The man's climbing partner says he fell about 100 feet from the 6,300-foot level of the north mountain.
- Ferguson files lawsuit over sexual harassment of farmworkers
- Man ejected from truck found dead at scene
- Escaped inmate located and taken into custody
- 4 Things To Know For April 26
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns