BELLINGHAM, Wash. - The man who was killed in a fall Thursday on Twin Sisters Mountain, near Mount Baker, died of head and chest trauma.
He was identified Monday by the Whatcom County medical examiner as 60-year-old James Patrick Millegan of Seattle.
The Bellingham Herald reports a helicopter was able to reach the site Sunday to recover the body.
The man's climbing partner says he fell about 100 feet from the 6,300-foot level of the north mountain.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position