SEATTLE - A Seattle lawyer who pleaded guilty to raping five women at massage parlors has been sentenced to 25 years in prison.
Danford Grant pleaded guilty May 7 to third-degree rape charges as his trial was beginning on first-degree rape charges that could have brought a life sentence.
Grant was formally sentenced Monday in King County Superior Court.
The 49-year-old is a married father of three and former partner in a Seattle law firm who once worked in the Seattle city attorney's office. He admitted raping the five women in 2011 and 2012.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position