SEATTLE - A Seattle lawyer who pleaded guilty to raping five women at massage parlors has been sentenced to 25 years in prison.
Danford Grant pleaded guilty May 7 to third-degree rape charges as his trial was beginning on first-degree rape charges that could have brought a life sentence.
Grant was formally sentenced Monday in King County Superior Court.
The 49-year-old is a married father of three and former partner in a Seattle law firm who once worked in the Seattle city attorney's office. He admitted raping the five women in 2011 and 2012.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting