SEATTLE - Five people who were arrested Dec. 22 on state bank robbery charges are now in federal court in Seattle where they could be sentenced to longer prison terms, if convicted.
The FBI says the five were held by the U.S. Marshals Service for a Thursday afternoon court appearance.
Four are from Los Angeles and one from Tacoma. Authorities are looking for two others accused in the takeover-style robberies in September, October and December at branches in Lakewood, Seattle and Kirkland.
Robbers would enter the bank in a group, jump over counters and demand money from tellers. The group frequently traveled by bus to Los Angeles after a robbery.
The FBI says the group also may be responsible for 10 similar bank robberies in Michigan and one in Ohio.
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force