YAKIMA, Wash. - Kittitas County authorities have suspended a search for a Pacific Crest Trail hiker who was last seen nearly a month ago.
The Yakima Herald-Republic reports that the sheriff's office says search teams have covered sections of the trail that run through Kittitas County between Yakima, King and Chelan counties but have found no sign of 34-year-old Kris Fowler.
The Beavercreek, Ohio man's last confirmed sighting was Oct. 12 at White Pass.
His family reported him missing after not hearing from him and learning his cellphone had not been used for more than a week.
Fowler was hiking the full 2,660-mile Pacific Crest Trail, which begins in Southern California near the Mexico border and ends in Canada.
- Pay-by-phone app no longer working in downtown Spokane
- Street closed on 26th and Pines due to water main break
- Zag fans face cold to catch final MBB home game
- Solid waste collectors and police collaborate to fight crime
- Spokane's beloved K9 Laslo retires
- City of Spokane tries new techniques to tackle potholes