YAKIMA, Wash. - Kittitas County authorities have suspended a search for a Pacific Crest Trail hiker who was last seen nearly a month ago.
The Yakima Herald-Republic reports that the sheriff's office says search teams have covered sections of the trail that run through Kittitas County between Yakima, King and Chelan counties but have found no sign of 34-year-old Kris Fowler.
The Beavercreek, Ohio man's last confirmed sighting was Oct. 12 at White Pass.
His family reported him missing after not hearing from him and learning his cellphone had not been used for more than a week.
Fowler was hiking the full 2,660-mile Pacific Crest Trail, which begins in Southern California near the Mexico border and ends in Canada.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday