KALISPELL, Mont. - Flathead County officials continue to search for a duck hunter whose overturned kayak was spotted in the Flathead River southwest of Kalispell early Monday afternoon.
Sheriff Chuck Curry says deputies and search-and-rescue personnel after searched from the water, ground and air for the 65-year-old man. Bloodhounds were aiding the search along with side-scan sonar.
Curry tells the Daily Inter Lake they've searched from Flathead Lake up to Sportsman's Bridge, where the kayak and the man's pickup were found. He says divers checked a couple of spots that looked weird and a couple of holes they couldn't see well with the side scan.
The man's name has not been released.
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties