WENATCHEE, Wash. - On a whim in 1976, Hugh Moore bought a T-shirt for the new NFL franchise Seattle Seahawks and told his wife he wasn't going to wear it until the team won the Super Bowl.
The 78-year-old Wenatchee man finally pulled out the shirt Sunday and was the talk of a Starbucks coffee shop Monday in Wenatchee where he showed it off.
Moore told The Wenatchee World he's putting the T-shirt back in the closet this week, and he'll take it out next year if Seattle wins the championship again.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home