WENATCHEE, Wash. - On a whim in 1976, Hugh Moore bought a T-shirt for the new NFL franchise Seattle Seahawks and told his wife he wasn't going to wear it until the team won the Super Bowl.
The 78-year-old Wenatchee man finally pulled out the shirt Sunday and was the talk of a Starbucks coffee shop Monday in Wenatchee where he showed it off.
Moore told The Wenatchee World he's putting the T-shirt back in the closet this week, and he'll take it out next year if Seattle wins the championship again.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday