IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - A southeastern Idaho man has died and another sustained minor injuries after their personal watercraft collided on Ririe Reservoir.
The Blaine County Sheriff's Office says 22-year-old Lakoda Stommel of Idaho Falls died at a hospital following the collision on Sunday afternoon.
Officials say Stommel went into cardiac arrest and had to be revived before being transported to Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center in Idaho Falls.
Authorities say 28-year-old Matthew Harmon of Idaho Falls was not transported to a hospital.
Both men wore life jackets at the time of the crash. Police continue to investigate.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting