SIOUX FALLS, S.D. - Authorities say a Brandon man has been arrested and charged with the July 1996 shooting death of a Montana veterinarian.
KELO-TV reports 41-year-old Thomas Jaraczeski was arrested Wednesday in Sioux Falls. He's being held in Minnehaha County jail with bond set at $500,000.
Murder and other charges were dropped in 1998 against Jaraczeski after being accused of killing Bryan Rein, at Rein's mobile home outside Geraldine, Montana in 1996.
Montana investigators at that time vowed to continue searching for evidence linking Jaraczeski to the crime after charges against him were dropped. The alleged motive was that Rein was dating Jaraczeski's former girlfriend.
Jaraczeski moved to the Sioux Falls area in the late 1990s.
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th