Albany, OR - A 49-year-old Forest Grove man died while scuba diving Sunday in Clear Lake near Santiam Pass.
The Linn County sheriff's office says deputies were told three men were diving and one did not surface.
The body was recovered by Sweet Home fire department divers in about 40 feet of water near the Clear Lake Lodge. He's identified as James Paul Ward.
The sheriff's office says there was air in his tank and no apparent malfunction of diving equipment.
Ward was diving with friends and showed no sign of distress when he indicated he was going to the surface. When the two friends surfaced about 20 minutes later they couldn't find him.
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital