LEWISTON, Idaho - The body of a 35-year-old Coeur d'Alene man missing after a June 8 rafting accident on the Salmon River has been recovered about 80 miles downstream in the Hells Canyon area of the Snake River.
The Nez Perce County Coroner's Office on Wednesday identified the body of Andrew Joseph "A.J." Gray.
The Nez Perce County Sheriff's Office tells the Lewiston Tribune that a river guide reported finding the body and securing it to rocks.
Deputies on Tuesday traveled about 35 miles south of Lewiston to recover the body.
Authorities say Gray was rafting near Lucile when the raft flipped, spilling several people into the river.
Gray was not wearing a life vest and couldn't be located.
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some