SALEM, Ore. - Salem police say an officer has shot a man coming at him with a knife.
The police said the officer wasn't hurt, and the man was taken to the hospital. No information was immediately available on his condition.
The shooting followed a report of a domestic dispute about 7 a.m. Wednesday.
The police said in a statement that 47-year-old Michael Connelly confronted Officer David Baker with a knife and wouldn't obey orders to drop it.
The State Police and the district attorney's office will be in charge of the investigation.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults